To those who are not and never have been fans of pro wrestling, it can seem silly. That's partly because it is, but, then again, so is haunting a lot of time. Just because something is silly doesn't mean it isn't also very serious.
But, most importantly, professional wrestling is both a form of storytelling and a form of acting that is easy to overlook. As an industry built on non-traditional storytelling and acting, it's worth taking a moment to see what lessons we can learn.
So, with that in mind, we take a deep dive into the world of professional lesson and what haunters can/should learn from it.
This Week's Episode Includes:
- Important Announcement About Halloween and Hauntfest
- Conference Reminders
- Update on the Den of Fear Haunted House Video Request
- Update on the Don't Be a Monster Auction
- Why We're Looing at Professional Wrestling
- Storytelling Through Action
- Selling a Move (or Injury)
- Bumping (Taking Hits)
- Use of Hope Spots and False Finishes
- Hyping Up Events
- The Dangers of Targeting One Audience
- Exploring Alternate Business Models
All in all, there's a lot to go through this week so this is definitely one episode you do not want to miss!