Last week, we discussed the importance of the first room, the approaches to it and the purposes it can serve. This week, we're doing the bookend and talking about the last room, and the importance of it.
The last room, however, is somewhat unique among haunts in that it's the only room (or haunt element) that has a de facto standard. We've grown to expect that haunts will end with chainsaws the same way we expect a concert to end with the greatest hit by the band. That said, should it? We take a look at that and much more as we examine the last room, it's function and what can be done with it.
So, with that in mind, here's a look at the last room and all the things that can be done with it.
This Week's Episode Includes:
- Conference Reminders
- The Importance of the Last Room
- Why That Importance is Sometimes Overblown
- Approach 1: The Chainsaw
- Approach 2: The Maze
- Approach 3: A Climatic Scene
- Approach 4: Just Another Room
- Approach 5: The Real False Ending
- Approach 6: Transition to Another Attraction
- Finding the Best Approach
All in all, this is one episode that you do not want to miss!