Pretty much every haunted house has a merch booth or a gift shop. There's almost no reason not to. It's a fairly straightforward way to make extra money from your haunt and, in many cases, do some great self-promotion.
However, as an industry, our merch game is often times pretty weak. Many places offer t-shirts and hats and not a lot more. There's a lot of room for many haunts to elevate their merch and gift shop game and that's what this episode is about. Finding ways to make more money by selling more stuff.
This Week's Episode Includes:
- Conference Reminders
- Information on Upcoming Galveston Trip
- Hat Tip to Roberta McCllen
- Previous Episodes to Check Out
- Difference Between a Gift Shop and a Merch Booth
- 6 Rules for a Successful Gift Shop
- Discussion on Merch
- Elevating it to a Gift Shop
- Additional Advice
- Examples of Good Haunt Gift Shops
Whether you already have a gift shop or are looking to set one up, this is an episode you do NOT want to miss!